TUI Belgium and TUI Netherlands wanted to reach new qualified users through Facebook and Instagram. As their existing video content wasn’t initially created for social media, they needed a new way to produce video content and test what would drive the results they were looking for.
- First, Smartly.io’s Creative Studio created video templates for each variation using Smartly.io Video Templates tool: 1) a 10-second video with a landscape intro, 2) a 6-second video with a landscape intro, 3) a 6-second video with a persona intro.
- After creating the templates, Smartly.io automatically matched them with TUI’s original video assets. Smartly.io’s solution generated all possible combinations, resulting in more than 100 versions of the video ad.
- Lastly, TUI A/B tested all the hypotheses. They applied all the learnings to ensure they were running the most successful video concept for the rest of the campaign.
Myth Busted: Longer Video Ads Outperformed Short, Persona-Specific Videos
The results showed that along the funnel, the 10-second video outperformed the 6-second ones with impressive results:
- 72% lower cost per initiate checkout
- 36% lower cost per purchase
As for content, TUI concluded that their audience is more inspired by footage of different activities and experiences rather than footage of people. These learnings and the new approach to modular video will be incorporated in TUI’s future campaigns and creative testing.